I’m a Dutch photographer working and living in Berlin and the Netherlands.
In September 2015 I rented an empty space in the Weserstrasse (Neukölln, Berlin) where I started a Pop Up photo studio for one month. My goal was to make unusual portraits from all sorts of people who would walk by or visit me. It also was an experiment to see how far I could go with making these portraits of passersby and how much they were willing to pay for it. During the 4 weeks the window of my temporary studio was slowly growing into a small exhibition. Because the project was so succesful I decided to organise more Pop Up photo studios in different areas in Berlin.
– In June 2016 I took over Galerie Knoth & Krüger in Oranienstrasse (Kreuzberg).
– In August 2016 I occupied Carpentier Galerie in Meinekestrasse (Wilmersdorf).
– December 2016 I worked for two weeks in the gallery space of Kunsthaus KuLe in Auguststrasse (Mitte). I continued the project for another two weeks in September 2017.
– In April 2017 I did a short Pop Up photo studio in the Wrangelkiez (Kreuzberg).
– In May 2017 dancestudio TanzTangente in Steglitz invited me to take over Studio 3.
– August 2017 I organized my 7th Pop Up studio at Art Galley Dencker&Schneider in Schöneberg.
Because of the variety of the different neighbourhoods in Berlin, I’m focussing on Prenzlauerberg, Friedrichshain and Wedding for future Pop Up photo studios. If you know of any interesting places/spaces/people, please let me know.
and yes, plans for a photobook about my projects are in the making 🙂
I’m available for private photoshoots and commissioned work. Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org
kind words about my photos